Sunday, January 11, 2009

PIC madness

After enjoying home cooked setan cutlets stir fried with mushrooms with Nicole, she told me that after all: All Robots are Vegan! I like that. I'm not totally a vegan, or vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination. But i enjoy vegan food. It just makes you feel so good about yourself...

I've been working on a PIC based game console since thursday. After much tribulation, I have nice VGA output and input!

I used this info for the timing. My pic is a pic18f4550. It is running at 40mhz. So that makes every instruction cycle .1 micro seconds. I have it timed almost exactly to the specs. I used a scope to check it out at first. I found that microchip's ide's stopwatch was awesome for working out the exact timing.

Now to get pong or something going. YAY. I have about 14000 spare cycles during VSYNC. this should be enough to do some fun stuff. I'm running at 64X60 pixels. Stored bit by bit in 480 8bit registers.

more later...

1 comment:

  1. hah starting in 1975 and working your way forward? cool!

    ReplyDelete